Monday, February 23, 2009

Keep it Simple


Keep it Simple....Keep it Simple....

Having the constant inclination to make things more difficult, confusing or just cluttered than they need to be, I try to keep the "keep it simple" mantra in my brain.  

Simplifying my surroundings has been a goal for the new year.  In that vain, I ran across this wonderful poster today.  Readymade Magazine asked five artists to "reimagine" the populist posters the government commissioned from artists during the Great Depression, and to design some modern posters for our current time.   I absolutely love the one above, designed by Nick Dewar. It is available for download in pdf form HERE.


I think that they are all pretty terrific!





2 comments:

Jodi Renshaw said...

GREAT posters. Thanks for sharing them. Where can I buy some?

Love,
Jodi

ME... said...

Here is the link to buy the Nick Dewar Poster Simplicity:
http://www.thumbtackpress.com/browse/product_info.php?cPath=80&products_id=1265