Friday, February 27, 2009

Easy Ragwork ATC


Sunflower ATC, originally uploaded by poketypatch.

I have been going crazy trying to get ATC swaps done before my boys get home for spring break this weekend.  But, I am have terrible glue issues.  I just can't seem to get rid of air bubbles, and it is driving me mad.  So instead of pulling my hair out, I decided to return to what I do best - FIBER!

I have had this book checked out from the library for several 3 week cycles, but have never gotten around to trying anything.  Today, as I was cleaning, I found a bag of old t-shirt pieces, an old burlap ham bag, and the book.  I decided it would be a good day to try my hand at ragwork.

The book, Beautiful Ragwork: Over 20 Hooked Designs for Rugs, Wall Hangings, Furniture, and Accessories has easy directions and good pictures (important for visual people like me)!  I was able to come up with all the supplies from my stash (burlap, tshirt strips and a crochet hook (fake rug hooker but it works!)


Ragwork

I make a quick design and was done before I knew it!

Inspiration

Very Easy!

No comments: