Sunday, April 18, 2010

T O A D



T O A D, originally uploaded by poketypatch.
"The world has held great Heroes,
As history books have showed;
But never a name to go down to fame
Compared with that of Toad!"
- Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows, Ch. 10

As I was taking a stroll in my side garden, this little guy surprised me as he hopped amid the new plants.  He looked a little grumpy at first, but patiently posed for this little photo shoot.  He even turned towards me at one point so that I could get a better view!
















He reminded me of "Toad" in The Wind in the Willows.  Kenneth Grahame wrote:  "It's never the wrong time to call on Toad. Early or late he's always the same fellow. Always good-tempered, always glad to see you, always sorry when you go!"

IMG_1182.jpg

No comments: