Sunday, April 25, 2010

Puddle Ducking



More Puddle Ducking, originally uploaded by poketypatch.


"Jemima Puddle-duck became quite desperate. She determined to make a nest
right away from the farm.

She set off on a fine spring afternoon along the cart-road that leads over
the hill.

She was wearing a shawl and a poke bonnet.

When she reached the top of the hill, she saw a wood in the distance.

She thought that it looked a safe quiet spot."

Beatrix Potter, "THE TALE OF JEMIMA PUDDLE-DUCK"



We have had a cool spring and everyone, people and animals have been enjoying the beautiful weather. Last week, I spotted these little ducks crossing the road as I headed back in to Still Pond after a long day's work. I pulled over and grabbed for my camera. I wanted to get them crossing the street but I wasn't fast enough.


By the time I had my camera ready the threesome had crossed a big puddle and were heading off into the field toward the forest.  They really looked like they were off on some big adventure.

When I looked at the images I had captured, I was reminded of Beatrix Potter and the wonderful personalities of all of her characters.  Jemima Puddle-duck came to mind.  I was so glad that I took the time to stop so that I could capture these images.  This is why I always have my camera with me - even on my days commuting to and from work.  You never know when the opportunity will present itself and you will have the perfect photo opt in front of you!

No comments: