Wednesday, February 24, 2010

These woods are lovely, dark and deep...


"These woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

~Robert Frost


Last summer, I started visiting Turner's Creek Park, a county park near my home, and began a series of photographs.  The property is surrounded by Turner's Creek, a tributary of the Chesapeake Bay, and there are trails through the forest where most of my photos have been captured. On Flickr, I have a set of photos - Into the Woods - consisting of some of the images I have taken on my hikes in the woods.  The photos in the two previous posts are from my most recent visit to the park.  This one, was from a visit in November. My plan is to try and get photos from all the seasons, and then put together a little exhibit.  Also, a former Congressional Representative from my county is trying to lobby for funding to establish the park as an educational site for local school children.  I would like to offer these images as proof of what a magical place Turner's Creek Park is!  Here are a sampling of some of my photos from the park:

turtle for tuesday

tree with heart

lightnesses and contradictions

No comments: