Monday, January 14, 2008

Old Magazines and Old Buttons


button flower, originally uploaded by poketypatch.

Does anyone else hate to throw away old magazines? A few weeks back, I was cleaning out the bookshelves in my bedroom and came across a stack of old magazines. I decided to pick out one magazine, look through it, and if I didn't find anything of interest, I was going to throw it out. Good try! The magazine I chose was the February 2000 issue of Country Living. Since Valentine's Day was on my mind, I found it uncanny that I would randomly pick out a Valentine issue!


Besides wonderful articles on "Flea Market Makovers" and "Collect it Now", there was one article in particular that caught my eye. "Button it Up!" chronicles the art of folk artist Mary Teeter who makes one-of-a-kind mosaics out of old fabrics, buttons and embroidery. A google search came up with a couple of galleries that feature Ms. Teeter's buttonwork which is awsome. And, since I have a sewing box fully of old buttons, I was inspired to start using them!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: