Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Holiday Giftgiving Inspiration

With the holiday gift giving season approaching, I have decided to make this a "Handmade Holiday". I am going to try and either make most of my gifts myself, or buy handmade items. Luckily, inspiration on the web and in local shops is plentiful.

Over the weekend I picked up a copy of the new Threads "Gifts" magazine. There are some wonderful ideas including patterns for homemade cards, slippers, and jewelry. One idea which caught my eye was handmade mini-pincushions which are fashioned with the help of recycled water bottle caps. They are adorable and would make lovely teacher gifts.

Craft blogs are also a invaluable source of interesting ideas. Several blogs are even featuring holiday countdowns with tutorials and/or ideas daily. Sew Mama Sew has a November Handmade Holidays theme with "30 days of gifts to sew". Also, Cotton Spice has a Last Minute Gift Countdown with tutorials from November 5th - 17th. There are some great ideas to from which to choose! I can't wait to get started.

No comments: